Pst Ayo Oritsejafor Speaks on Smuggled $9.3 million Found in his Jet!

Pst Ayo Oritsejafor Speaks on Smuggled $9.3 million Found in his Jet!

The president of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), 
Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, who has been embroiled in many controversies 
recently after $9.3m was found smuggled into South Africa by two Nigerians 
and an Israeli, using his private jet, has again cried out saying he's innocent.

A visibly disturbed Pastor Ayo reaffirmed this at the National Executive Council 
meeting of CAN which held at the National Christian Centre, Abuja. In his own words;

"I wish to assure you that I will not do anything to tarnish the image of 
Jesus Christ or compromise the divine standard of the church.

"As you are all aware, the media has been awashed in the past few days 
about an unfortunate incident involving the movement of funds from Nigeria 
to South Africa. In the unfortunate news reports, attempts have been made 
to link me directly with the transaction."

"So far, I have refrained from making any direct public response pending 
the time that I would have briefed the leaders of the church and explained 
my position on the issues to them."

"I believe that the primary institution that I owe any explanation to is the church."

"At the risk of being seen to be defending myself, I wish to confirm to the
 distinguished leaders of the church that the Bombardier Challenger 601 aircraft
 in question is mine. The aircraft was presented to me as a gift by members of our 
congregation and ministry partners worldwide at my 40th anniversary of my call

 into the ministry."

"May I be permitted to stress that the aircraft was not given to me by the President
 of Nigeria, neither was it a settlement for any political favour or patronage."

"With the benefit of hindsight, the President of the country was a guest in our church 
during the anniversary celebration when the jet was presented to me. This has construed 
an implication that it was a gift from the Presidentof the country."

"The President of Nigeria has nothing to do with the gift of the aircraft. By the way,
 I still wonder why all those saying this cannot come out to show proof so that the
 matter can be put to rest once and for all. Let me say that this might be an issue 
of the court in the near future." 

"In order to ameliorate the cost of maintenance of the aircraft, I sought and got
 permit to allow the aircraft fly in and out of Nigeria."

"Based on this, I leased the aircraft on August 2, 2014, to a company to run it.
 It was the leasee that entered into an agreement with the people who carried 
out the transfer of funds. Having leased the aircraft to the Green Coast Produce
 Company Limited, any transaction undertaken with the aircraft can no longer be 
attached to me."

"Inasmuch as I am shocked and distressed by the incident, I wish to appeal to
 Christians in Nigeria to remember that a war has been waged against the
 Nigerian church. This war is being fought on many fronts and this unfortunate
 incident is another dimension in the assault against the church."

"It is clear that those who manipulated this conspiracy desire to create a schism 
in the church,"

0 Comments